Follow these 4 easy steps before you buy used heavy equipment.If you are in the market to buy a used piece of heavy equipment, not only do you want to make sure you are getting a good deal, but there are a few basic steps you will want to follow before making your purchase.
- Make sure you are buying from a reputable dealer/vendor
- Make sure you are paying market or below market price
- Make sure the equipment comes with all paperwork and records
- Make sure you have your financing in place if you’re not paying cash
- Private Parties don’t have other equipment in inventory, so if you don’t like what they are selling you’ll have to find another seller.
- There is probably not a consumer reporting system with their previous transactions. When dealing with a dealer you can check them out on Yelp or BBB or other consumer reporting agencies. You can see what their previous customers thought about them and how their experience went during their transaction.